November 27, 2014 in Adventures in Re-Discovering Myself
1. My kids, my kids, and my kids. Always.
2. Good health, both my own and my loved ones. I am so thankful my kids are in good health and that I can still keep up with them, even with my advancing age. For those of my loved ones battling health issues, I am thankful for every day they conquer the beast, whatever it may be.
3. Good friends and family: I am thankful for every time they make me laugh, support me, bail me out of a jam, listen to me vent, and let me do the same for them.
4. Laughter: Is there anything better than the feeling of a laugh bubbling up inside of you when you least expect it?
5. Good books and the authors who write them. I read all the time, and I don’t know what kind of person I would be if I didn’t. I am thankful for every good book that pulls me and won’t let me go, and I have been lucky to read three such books in a row. Stay tuned: those book reviews are coming!
6. Good TV: How To Get Away With Murder (Best New Show), Grey’s Anatomy, The Mindy Project, The Killing, any Law and Order/SVU episode ever, Chopped, and the delightful Holiday Baking Championship, featuring bakers who compete in challenges involving baking pies, cookies, or desserts with swirls, all in the name of the holiday season. (On Food Network, Sundays at 9:00pm.)
7. Good music: My taste in music runs the gamut, although my current favorite songs are along the lines of moody acoustic guitar indie songs and Sam Smith, namely Riptide by Vance Joy, Stolen Dance by Milky Chance, I’m Not The Only One by Sam Smith, and Love Interruption by Jack White. You’re welcome.
8. Fitness instructors that recognize the inherent dangers of the upcoming holiday season and up the intensity of our workouts accordingly.
9. Naps: They are a gift, especially during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
10. Dessert: Here are some good ones just perfect for Thanksgiving and beyond.
11. You: I am thankful that you have stopped by!
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!